Thank you all for your questions! This is going to be a fun post :)
1. Be honest, did you have Timerlands or 955 Originals in 7th grade?
- Yes, I sure did have Timberlands. I remember when I was in the 7th grade it was really cool to wear them with cords or "cargo" khakis and a GUESS or Tommy sweatshirt. Can you believe we used to wear clothes like this? Oh, and I also used to wear them with a pair of Calvin Klein denim overalls that all my friends wanted to borrow. They were pretty hot.
2. Where did you go to law school? Why did you stop? I am thinking about going part time at night.
- The LSAT was like hell on Earth for me. I took it twice and didn't perform as well as I would have liked. I was hoping that paired with my high gpa I would still get into a Tier 1 school, which didn't happen. I attended Florida Coastal, a private law school in Jacksonville, Fl, which is a Tier 4 school. I loved every bit of the content of law school. I went into law school thinking I wanted to prosecute, but actually crim law was my least favorite class. I loved Property law and estate and trusts law. Unfortunately, when it came to test time at my particular law school, all of the tests were close to 100% multiple choice with no chance to explain your answers, etc. You can see my frustration here. I went from being dean's list student in undergrad to barely scrapping by in law school and I just couldn't handle that. I knew that coming from a tier 4 school with crappy grades did not look good to employers. I was unlikely to get a job that I would like. Plus my particular school was money hungry and charged you for everything. I decided 15,000 dollars a semester was ridiculous. Thus, I decided not to go on with law school. I regret this decision a lot as I am stil searching for my true calling in life. Being an attorney is still the only thing that sounds appealing to me, so who knows.
3. What are your plans/hopes/dreams for the future?
- I would just like to find my true purpose in life. I would eventually like to go back to some sort of grad school. My undergrad is in Political Science and Psychology, so I've considered master's programs in diplomacy, public administration, counseling, etc. I would love to get a PhD. in Clinical Psych, but those programs are very tedious and stressful. I was a research assistant for three years in undergrad to a team of doctoral students and professors studying the human perception and issues of control as they pertain to stereotyping and prejudice. I loved every minute of this, but I got to see first hand how much stress the grad students had to go through.
4. Where did you get that cute little Miss P??? :)
- Miss P came from a kennel outside of Little Rock, AR called dream weaver kennels. Apple, our newest dog, came from the Brussels Griffon Rescue Association. Brussels Griffons are the sweetest and cutest little dogs. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
5. howd you develop your fabulous wardrobe, i know we all want to know!
- I have loved clothes since I was 2 or 3. My Mom used to always dress me up and take pictures of me in dresses, shoes, purses, etc. I insisted that I had a purse with each outfit when I was little. My Mom used to love taking me shopping. I had the internet and TV when I was like 10, seriously. I used to sit on the internet in my early teens and peruse clothing websites. I loved watching E! when they had those model profile shows. I would sit there and examine the clothes that the models wore. I have always loved shopping and putting outfits together. I think my friends used to joke around about me in high school because I never wore the same outfit twice!
6. what is one fashion item you cannot live without. and why.
- My item would be handbags. More specifically, I think everyone should have a signature Louis Vuitton Monogrammed speedy. I think this bag is timeless and classy. Even though I hardly carry mine anymore, it is always my reserve bag if I can't pick out another handbag to carry. I don't think you all understand ... handbags are my obsession. As Rachel Zoe would say, some people collect stamps or guns or whatever, but seriously, I collect handbags. I am hoping for the YSL muse or volcano bag for my Bday :-)
7. I second the law school question, along with what your career is?
- Well, I already answered the law school question. I really don't have a career. I work in a boutique that carries high-end designer clothes, but it is certainly not my career. I am still searching for what my career might be. I would love to be a buyer for a clothing store or a regional rep for a huge brand like Tory, Milly, or Tibi. Who knows ... I am trying to figure it all out!
8. What are your favorite SEC teams? Order from favorite to least favorite. And, I also want to know the answer to the fashion questions : )
- Well, I graduated from the University of Kentucky, so naturally, that is my first place team! I think after that I wouldn't know where to start on my ranking. Rob graduated from the University of Albama, so that would be my second choice. I lived in Florida and saw how obnoxious and crazy the Florida fans are there (sorry GRITS), but I can respect how awesome their athletic programs are there. I also like Ole Miss and Tennessee. The rest are just up in the air :)
9. if you had $100 to spend today, where would you spend it and on what?
- Okay, this is going to sound bad. I have a serious shopping problem, and these days 100 dollars really can't buy a lot! I would probably get the Tory Burch Sophie wedges and put the 100 dollars down on the total price. Or I would take Rob out to a nice dinner. That option actually sounds a lot better.