Recently, a friend of mine and I were talking about how we wanted to go on a little scavenger hunt for cheap and affordable fall basics. We sell Splendid basic long-sleeved crews at the boutique, but at 51 dollars a pop they are no where near affordable if you are planning on getting several different colors. My friend and I also wanted to find an affordable sweater vest that we could belt. For me, it's all about the accessories. Put a stylish pair of flats or heels and a designer purse with any of these items and you can make them look fabulous. Just by doing an internet pre-scan ... these are the little jewels that I was able to find.
1. Perfect Fit Tees - Jcrew 24.50
- These are AWESOME for layering. I think I have this tee in every color possible. Great under sweaters, jumpers, even transitional dresses.
2. Tissue Turtleneck- Jcrew 39.50
- Once again, a great layering piece. I have the eggplant and mustard yellow colors and I plan on wearing them under wool jumpers, dresses, sweaters, etc.
3. Sweater dress- Target 34.99
- I mean, this is super cheap and super cute. I would definitely layer this dress with a creme or oatmeal LS tee or TN.
4. Sweater Cardigan- Targe 24.99
- Once again, so cheap and very basic fall staple. Plus you're not throwing out 300 dollars like you would on a VINCE or similar designer sweater cardigan.
5. One Button Sweater Cardigan- Target 24.99
- I cannot tell you how big layering is this fall. Once again, I would do a creme or black LS tee.
6. Tie front Sweater Cardigan- Old Navy 16.99
- 16.99 can't even get you dinner! Why not spend it on a sweater!