Chilly with Chilli!
As many of you in the South know, we are getting an artic cold front tonight! Temperatures are dropping and I am going to celebrate by trying a new recipe from "Cooking Light" that a friend recommended.
Cajun Red Beans & Rice:
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 (3-ounce) chicken andouille sausage links, chopped
* 1 (8-ounce) container prechopped onion, bell pepper, and celery mix
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 (15-ounce) can red beans, rinsed and drained
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion mix to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Add Cajun seasoning, salt, oregano, and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Partially mash beans with a fork. Add beans, 1/4 cup water, and tomatoes to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pepper. Serve over rice.
Stay warm my blogger friends!