1. Start with messy slept on hair ... I like to take a shower at night and go to bed with wet hair. For some reason the curls look better if I have messy hair to begin with.
2. Give your hair a good all around spray with some Dry Shampoo. I have been using this NYM Dry Shampoo for a while and I love it.
3. Brush out your rat's nest so that it's easier to work with. This giant Wet Brush is my favorite.
4. Get yourself some Conair Jumbo Curls ... I know there's only 5 rollers which isn't a lot, but the size of these is crucial for creating the big curls.
5. Start at your crown and work your way around using the 5 rollers only on the top section of your hair. Make sure your pieces are thin so you can get the best curl.
6. Your hair should look like this after doing only the crown.
7. Next take a curling iron (preferably a bigger barrel). This one is a Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium and it works really well for big curls.
8. Spray some heat protectant spray around the remaining pieces of hair. This is the Chi Iron Guard spray and it works really well.
9. Using the iron curl the remaining pieces of hair away from your face.
10. This is what your hair should look like after you've curled the bottom pieces with the curling iron.
11. I like to twist the bottom pieces up and let them set by putting a clip over them.
12. After about 20 minutes take down all the clips and rollers.
13. Take some sort of texturizing spray and spray all over your hair- I like this one by Bumble and Bumble.
14. Again, take a brush through your hair one last time.
15. Finished product!
Shop the products I used by clicking below: