I thought I'd switch it up today and do a fun post with 10 fun facts you may or may not know about me! Can you believe that in March PIPM will be NINE years old?! It's crazy to think about it almost being a decade since I began blogging and sat in my living room one day trying to think of a blog name.
1. Pink really is my favorite color. When I was in high school I had the nickname "Barbie" because I dyed my hair bleach blonde, went to the tanning bed, and always wore pink. I had super-long white hair and had a belly ring. It was an interesting phase :P
2. I have always been fascinated by true crime stories, movies, books, etc. I actually went to law school (and eventually dropped out) because I wanted to be a prosecutor. I interned with the DA's office for a couple of years in college and went on ride alongs with cops and got to go to crime scenes with detectives. The internship was seriously one of the best experiences and I have such fond memories of my time there. One of my favorite college classes was one called Famous American Criminal Trials (it was actually a History credit) where we studied the most famous criminal trials and got to present on one (I did the OJ case, of course).
3. I'm a homebody but I love to travel. I know that doesn't really make sense ... when I'm in town I only want to sit at home and watch Netflix, but I am constantly wanting to travel somewhere. I studied abroad in college and got to live in another country for a couple of months and ever since then I've wanted to go everywhere in the world! My short-list includes: Scandanavia (Norway/ Sweden/ Denmark), Iceland, Faroe Islands, China, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, Ireland, & England. I also have SO many places in the US I want to visit including: Seattle, DC, San Diego, Albuquerque ... Maine, Vermont ... all of the National Parks ... Canada ... the list goes on and on!
4. I've dealt with depression, OCD, and anxiety on and off for many years for no real obvious reason. I go through phases of being very melancholy and then I will be totally fine for a long period of time and out-of-the-blue the depression or anxiety will come back. It's just a natural ebb and flow now, so I'm used to it. For the most part I am happy and in a really good place right now, but it takes the littlest thing to set me off into a downward spiral. I'm a constant work in progress, but I will say that blogging again and having something as a "project" has really helped keep my mind busy, so I am very thankful for that.
5. I live for a good TV series. Nothing is more exciting to me than getting into a good show and binge-watching it all in one sitting! My all time faves are: Homeland, The Affair, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, The Killing, True Detective, & House of Cards.
6. I have a weird obsession with perfumes. I get on perfume forums and look for new scents that come out and I will order samples off of eBay and get so excited waiting for them to come in the mail. I always buy a new perfume when I travel somewhere so that I can remember the trip every time I smell the scent. I like really obscure and not very well-known perfumeries.
7. I am a sale shopper and very rarely buy anything full price. Nothing pains me more than paying full retail for something. If I see something I like, I will take note, research it, and find it on sale somewhere or find it on eBay or a resale site. I am in several FB resale groups and have been a member of TPF for a long time. I've got a network of people that buy and sell all kinds of things, so I hardly ever pay full price for anything.
8. Despite being really into makeup, hair, and clothes, I am very low-maintenance and don't like getting ready at all. If I had all the money in the world I would hire someone immediately to do my hair and makeup every day because I loathe getting ready in the morning. I often think of how nice it would be to be male and not have to do your hair and makeup every day!
9. I'm a stalker. Not really, but you know what I mean. I will meet someone and know their life details and where they live within 10 minutes. Actually, I probably know before I meet them because I've already looked it all up. Sometimes I just look up random people just to see if I can find out details about their life. I'm so weird.
10. I'm pretty independent. Maybe that comes from being an only child, but I really love doing things by myself. Some of my favorite trips have been work trips that I've been on by myself where I just get to explore a new city, go shopping, or eat completely alone. I really like being by myself and can sometimes get too "overloaded" when I've been with people for too long.
I hope you all have enjoyed this post.